Herbed spinach quiche portabella caps
Makes 4 servings.
4 portabella mushrooms, 3-inch diameter
3 large eggs
Egg whites from 6 eggs
1/2 cup whole-wheat grated bread crumbs (panko)
1/4 cup nonfat milk
1 teaspoon low-sodium garlic and herb blend
1 cup cooked and drained, chopped, frozen spinach
1/4 cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese, divided (set aside 1 tablespoon for topping)
- Place oven rack in center of oven; preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove portabella stems. Wipe caps clean with damp paper towel.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place mushroom caps on baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients, except 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Coat 10-inch nonstick pan with cooking spray, and heat over medium flame.
- Cook and scramble egg mixture until it just starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a large spoon, scoop partially cooked hot egg mixture into portabella caps.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1/4 recipe. Amount per serving: 190 calories, 6g total fat (2g saturated fat), 14g carbohydrates, 17g protein, 4g dietary fiber, 145mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium.
This information is provided for educational purposes only. Individuals should always consult with their healthcare providers regarding medical care or treatment, as recommendations, services or resources are not a substitute for the advice or recommendation of an individual's physician or healthcare provider. Services or treatment options may not be covered under an individual's particular health plan.