Makes 8 servings.
1 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup finely shredded carrots
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Make a well in center of dry mixture.
- In separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients. Add this mixture all at once to dry ingredients.
- Stir just enough to moisten and evenly distribute carrots. Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan, and complete cooling on a wire rack before slicing.
Serving size: One 1/2-inch slice. Amount per serving: 99 calories, 3g total fat (1g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium.
Source: National Institutes of Health
This information is provided for educational purposes only. Individuals should always consult with their healthcare providers regarding medical care or treatment, as recommendations, services or resources are not a substitute for the advice or recommendation of an individual's physician or healthcare provider. Services or treatment options may not be covered under an individual's particular health plan.