Makes 4 servings.
1/2 pound Yukon Gold or red potatoes, cut into bite-size cubes
Olive oil cooking spray
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
1/4 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, low-fat, shredded
1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning blend
1/2 cup red chile enchilada sauce
8 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
2 radishes, sliced
Salsa, low sodium (optional)
- Place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spray a large skillet liberally with cooking spray. Add potatoes and onion to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring and coating with cooking spray occasionally.
- Stir in chicken, pepper and seasoning, and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add enchilada sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place an equal amount of cheese on each tortilla, and heat in a skillet until cheese is melted.
- Add potato mixture, tomatoes, romaine lettuce and radishes to each tortilla. Serve.
Serving size: 1/4 recipe. Amount per serving: 320 calories, 44g carbohydrates, 6g total fat (2g saturated fat), 5g dietary fiber, 20g protein, 540mg sodium.