Makes 4 servings.
1/2 cup prepared low-sodium Italian dressing
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
4 whole chicken legs with thighs, skin removed
5 medium potatoes, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
2 tablespoons water
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
2 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch thick slices
4 to 8 flour or corn tortillas, warmed (optional)*
Prepared salsa (optional)*
- In a small bowl, combine first 3 ingredients for marinade.
- Remove 1/4 cup and combine with chicken in resealable plastic bag.
- Turn to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in microwave-safe dish, combine potatoes and water.
- Cover and microwave on high 9 to 10 minutes, or until just tender. Let cool.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, alternately thread with bell pepper and zucchini onto eight 10- to 12-inch skewers.
- Brush with remaining marinade.
- Remove chicken from plastic bag, and discard marinade from chicken.
- Grill chicken over medium-low to medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes, or until juices run clear, turning occasionally.
- About 10 minutes before chicken is done, add vegetables to grill, and reserve marinade.
- Grill until tender and lightly browned, turning and basting occasionally with reserved vegetable marinade.
- Serve chicken and vegetables with tortillas and salsa, if desired.
*Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients.
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe. Amount per serving: 482 calories (27% of calories from fat), 14.4g total fat (2.8g saturated fat), 56g carbohydrates, 33g protein, 8g dietary fiber, 157mg sodium.