Made-over oatmeal chocolate chip bites
Makes 24 servings.
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup almond flour
3/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup mini unsweetened chocolate chips
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup natural almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients, including chocolate chips, in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
- Drop the dough into 24 even mounds on a greased baking sheet, or pour into a greased 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan.
- Lightly press down to flatten (cookies will not flatten much during cooking).
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until the cookies are set in the center.
Amount per serving: 150 calories, 8g total fat (1.5g saturated fat), 17g carbohydrates, 4g protein, 3g dietary fiber, 60mg sodium.
This information is provided for educational purposes only. Individuals should always consult with their healthcare providers regarding medical care or treatment, as recommendations, services or resources are not a substitute for the advice or recommendation of an individual's physician or healthcare provider. Services or treatment options may not be covered under an individual's particular health plan.