Chicken and potato fiesta grill
Makes 4 servings.
1/2 cup prepared low-sodium Italian dressing
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
4 whole chicken legs with thighs, skin removed
5 medium potatoes, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
2 tablespoons water
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
2 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch thick slices
4 to 8 flour or corn tortillas, warmed (optional)*
Prepared salsa (optional)*
- In a small bowl, combine first 3 ingredients for marinade.
- Remove 1/4 cup and combine with chicken in resealable plastic bag.
- Turn to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in microwave-safe dish, combine potatoes and water.
- Cover and microwave on high 9 to 10 minutes, or until just tender. Let cool.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, alternately thread with bell pepper and zucchini onto eight 10- to 12-inch skewers.
- Brush with remaining marinade.
- Remove chicken from plastic bag, and discard marinade from chicken.
- Grill chicken over medium-low to medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes, or until juices run clear, turning occasionally.
- About 10 minutes before chicken is done, add vegetables to grill, and reserve marinade.
- Grill until tender and lightly browned, turning and basting occasionally with reserved vegetable marinade.
- Serve chicken and vegetables with tortillas and salsa, if desired.
*Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients.
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe. Amount per serving: 482 calories (27 calories from fat), 14.4g total fat (2.8g saturated fat), 56g carbohydrates, 33g protein, 8g dietary fiber, 157mg sodium.
This information is provided for educational purposes only. Individuals should always consult with their healthcare providers regarding medical care or treatment, as recommendations, services or resources are not a substitute for the advice or recommendation of an individual's physician or healthcare provider. Services or treatment options may not be covered under an individual's particular health plan.