Terrific turkey meatloaf
Makes 8 servings.
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, trimmed and chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
6 tablespoons fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon tomato paste
2 pounds ground turkey (mix of dark and light meat)
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In skillet, sauté onions and mushrooms in oil. Add thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add Worcestershire, broth and tomato paste and mix thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, breadcrumbs, eggs and onion-mushroom mixture.
- Mix well and shape into a rectangular loaf in shallow baking dish. Brush ketchup on top.
- Bake 90 minutes or until meat is cooked through and internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Serve hot. Leftovers may be served cold in sandwiches.
Serving size: 1/8 of recipe. Amount per serving: 260 calories, 12g total fat (3g saturated fat), 13g carbohydrates, 26g protein, 0g dietary fiber, 270mg sodium.
This information is provided for educational purposes only. Individuals should always consult with their healthcare providers regarding medical care or treatment, as recommendations, services or resources are not a substitute for the advice or recommendation of an individual's physician or healthcare provider. Services or treatment options may not be covered under an individual's particular health plan.