Vietnamese fresh spring rolls
Makes 8 servings.
1 cup carrots, cut into long, thin strips
2 cups bean sprouts
2 cups cucumber, seeded and cut into long, thin strips
1 cup minced scallions
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
8 rice paper wrappers
- Toss first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Soak 1 rice paper wrapper in warm water until soft (1 to 2 minutes). Shake off excess water.
- Place vegetable filling off-center on rice paper, and fold like an egg roll (tuck in the sides to keep the filling inside).
- Repeat with remaining vegetable filling and rice paper wrappers.
- Once you have assembled all of the spring rolls, serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 roll. Amount per serving: 70 calories, 1g total fat (0g saturated fat), 16g carbohydrates, 3g protein, 2g total fiber, 28mg sodium.
This information is provided for educational purposes only. Individuals should always consult with their healthcare providers regarding medical care or treatment, as recommendations, services or resources are not a substitute for the advice or recommendation of an individual's physician or healthcare provider. Services or treatment options may not be covered under an individual's particular health plan.