Apple coffee cake
Makes 20 servings.
5 cups tart apples, cored, peeled, chopped
1 cup sugar
1 cup dark raisins
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg, beaten
2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 13-by-9-by-2-inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apples with sugar, raisins and pecans; mix well.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Stir in oil, vanilla and egg.
- Sift together flour, soda and cinnamon. Stir into apple mixture about 1/3 at a time—just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- Turn batter into pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool cake slightly before serving.
Serving size: 3 1/2-inch-by-2 1/2-inch piece. Amount per serving: 188 calories, 5g total fat (1g saturated fat), 68mg sodium.
This information is provided for educational purposes only. Individuals should always consult with their healthcare providers regarding medical care or treatment, as recommendations, services or resources are not a substitute for the advice or recommendation of an individual's physician or healthcare provider. Services or treatment options may not be covered under an individual's particular health plan.