Healthy and Fun Things to do with Friends & Family While They’re Here for the Super Bowl
The Super Bowl is in our own backyard this year!
The Arizona Cardinals’ State Farm Stadium in Glendale will host Super Bowl LVII on Feb. 12. Tens of thousands of people will travel from near and far to watch the big game.
Soak in the sights and experience all that Arizona has to offer while your friends and family are here. We’ve put together a list of super fun things to do if you have downtime before the Super Bowl. As a health insurance organization, we had to include some healthy options!
- Westgate Entertainment District: Otherwise known as ‘the district of fun,’ there really is something for everyone here. Dine, shop, and play only a hop, skip, and jump away from State Farm Stadium. You can get in your steps by walking around!
- Thunderbird Conservation Park: If you want to exercise or explore the great outdoors before the game, this is the place to do it. Thunderbird Conservation Park has trails for hiking, biking, and running. Plus, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to take selfies with Saguaro cacti. The White Tank Mountains are another good option!
- Topgolf Glendale: Only minutes away from State Farm Stadium, bring your crew and practice your swing!
20-30 minutes from Glendale
- Desert Botanical Garden: Located in Phoenix, this 140-acre garden is perfect for taking a leisurely stroll.
- Old Town Scottsdale: Some of the best dining and shopping around, you’ll certainly see the southwestern flair and charm here. The best part is, it’s very walkable with a walk score of 81 out of 100.
- Hiking and sightseeing spots for a true Sonoran Desert experience: Papago Park, Piestewa Peak, and Camelback Mountain.
- Grand Canyon National Park: Feast your eyes on the beautiful sights at the Grand Canyon, a mile-deep gorge in northern Arizona. There are plenty of trails to choose from for day hikes.
- Sedona: Famous for its massive red-rock formations, Sedona is a place you have to see to believe. With more than 200 trails covering over 400 miles in the Sedona area, you can find an easy or difficult adventure.
- Flagstaff: Considered Arizona’s cool mountain town, Flagstaff is located in the world’s largest contiguous ponderosa pine forest. Ranked the third-snowiest city in the U.S., ski or snowboard with your friends and family.
There are also dozens of events around the Valley leading up to the Super Bowl. Enjoy the game and Arizona too!